Study In Qubecc


Step 1: Choosing a program of study and an educational institution
To study in Québec as a foreign student, you must choose a program of study and a designated learning institution that fit your interests and level of education.
Because there is no single source that provides a list of the programs of study available in Québec, you need to research the educational institutions themselves or consult the websites of our main partners:

You can also refer to the list of learning institutions designated by Québec..

 Step 2: Obtaining admission to a program of study
To find out the admission criteria, the time required to process applications and the deadlines to be met, please contact the educational institution of your choice.
Merit Scholarship and exemptions from differential tuition fees are also available to foreign students enrolled in vocational training, college or university.


 Step 3: Obtaining an Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies
As soon as you receive your letter of acceptance, you must apply for an Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies. This Acceptance Certificate must be obtained for studies that last more than six months, with certain exceptions, and this requirement applies to all foreign students, regardless of the level of education.
To apply for a Québec Acceptance Certificate for studies, go to the website of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion .


Step 4: Obtaining a study permit
You must obtain a study permit if your program of study lasts more than six months in total. This permit is issued by the Government of Canada.
At this stage, you may be asked to provide a temporary resident visa and, in certain cases, undergo a medical examination.
You must also provide your biometric data, i.e. your fingerprints and a photograph. This process must be completed before you arrive in Québec.


Step 5: Obtaining health and hospitalization insurance
It is compulsory for you to have health and hospitalization insurance coverage for the entire duration of your studies in Québec. The fees are set by private insurers and can vary depending on the services provided. To get more information on this, you should communicate directly with your educational institution.
Please note that even if you already have coverage in your home country, you must still obtain Québec-issued insurance.
Some countries have signed reciprocal social security agreements with Québec. Under these agreements, students can be protected under the Québec health insurance system free of charge during their studies. You can find the list of these countries on the website of the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)   .