Why Canada?



Why You Should Immigrate to Canada Today


If you are looking for a safe, friendly country that offers a wide range of benefits for new immigrants, then Canada is exactly what you need!

Whether you are looking to escape your country due to conflict, would like to open up new opportunities for your family or are looking to study abroad, Canada is one of the best choices you will ever make!

Regularly ranked in the ‘Top 10 Countries in the World to Live’ lists, the Great White North provides a wide range of advantages for immigrants of all ages, races, backgrounds, economic statuses and more.


For Study


If you are a student that wants to receive a quality education in an international setting, while practicing your English (or French), then Canada is an incredible option. With 21 of the world’s top 500 universities and a large amount of international students, Canada is a favourite for those looking to learn, make new friends, enjoy the beautiful nature and more.


Endless Employment Opportunities


With a consistently-growing economy that attracts many of the world’s largest companies (Amazon, Google, Hewlett Packard and many more), there are lots of jobs available for immigrants in Canada. Ranging from skilled labour to trades, you can easily find a high-paying job with strong benefits for your family. 


Incredible for Small Business Owners


A walk through a majority of Canadian cities will show you how many immigrants from around the world have become successful business owners in the country. With many government program aimed at supporting small businesses, franchises and startups, moving to the country tr uly provides the opportunity for the ‘Canadian Dream’.


Safe and Friendly


The changing face of Canada over the last 50 years has seen diversity increase to record amounts. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver all rank as the most diverse cities in the world, while towns all across the nation are quick to embrace newcomers to Canada. With established immigrant communities that ease the transition into the new land, Canada is a safe, welcoming place for immigrants.


Universal Healthcare


One of the major advantages that Canada holds over the United States is that all Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents receive access to universal healthcare. This means that you and your family are able to visit the doctors, enter hospitals and more at no cost. Plus, with most employers providing dental, optical and prescription benefits, you can always count on receiving what you need to stay in good health.


Beautiful Nature


From the incredible mountains of Whistler, British Columbia to the stunning Niagara Falls, Canada’s landscape is unlike anything you have ever seen before. Each province and territory offer a new chance to explore. Ski, swim, surf, canoe, camp and do many great outdoor activities all in one country.


Accessible Immigration


The Government of Canada is dedicated to bringing people of all backgrounds together in this glorious nation. Led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, known around the world as one of the biggest promoters of equality and human rights, Canada offers a wide range of programs that allow for fast, easy and affordable immigration.

As expert Canadian immigration consultants, we work closely with you to make the immigration process as quick, simple and efficient as possible. Comprised of an experienced team of lawyers and members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council, we offer guidance throughout the entire process.


To discover more about immigrating to Canada, please contact our firm today for your consultation.


In most cases, no. Your application fees can’t be refunded once we start processing it. There are some exceptions. When an application is refused or withdrawn, we will refund:

  • the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
  • the right of citizenship fee
  • the open work permit fee (for Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt workers only)
  • the employer compliance fee (refunded to the employer), and

International Experience Canada (IEC) fees

You must keep the Canadian Immigration Visa Office informed of any changes in your family composition while your application is in process. You must add your spouse or child to your application for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa so that they can accompany you to Canada. If your family composition changes after your Visa is issued, you must advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to add a spouse or child to your application, provided you have not yet landed in Canada

Your spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner and any dependent children must be included in the application. Dependent children must be under the age of 22 years, or, if they are 22 and older, they must be full-time students and not have interrupted their education since the age of 22. Your dependents will be subject to medical and security clearance requirements. A change in family status after your application has been submitted may affect the processing of your application

To freeze information so that it does not change over time, regardless of how long processing takes.

For example, we lock your child’s age when your application is received. This is called the lock in date. Lock-in dates vary depending on your immigration program or category. When we process your child’s application, we use the age on lock in date to see if your child qualifies as a dependent.

An affidavit for a translation is a document that says the translation is a true and accurate version of the original text.

The translator swears that their translation is a true and accurate representation of the contents of the original document. The translator does this in front of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country where they live.

  1. You can use an online tool called Come to Canada It helps foreign nationals find out if they may be eligible to apply as immigrants, visitors, workers or students in Canada.
    This tool guides you through some questions about your personal and work history. Based on your responses and your situation, it then gives you:
    • a list of options; and
    • step-by-step instructions on how to apply.

  2. You can also fill out our free assessment form at https://getincanada.ca/Assessment.aspx to have a more detailed assessment

To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days.

Only a doctor we have approved can do the immigration medical exam. This doctor is known as a panel physician.

Use our list of approved panel physicians to find one closest to you. You cannot use your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list.

Each application is different and takes a different amount of time to process. Check the processing times to find out how long it takes to process most applications.

If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.

To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:

  • Show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
  • Write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one

Even if you send RCIC the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.


The post-graduation work permit is an open work permit. This means that you can work in any occupation anywhere in Canada, and change employers any time you wish.

You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application if, at the time you submitted your application, you:

  • had a valid study permit,
  • had completed your program of study,
  • were eligible to work off-campus without a permit, and

did not work off-campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

A post-graduation work permit (PGWP) may be valid anywhere between eight months and up to three years. The length of your permit will depend on the length of the study program you completed in Canada. The permit won’t be longer than the length of your study program.

The post-graduation work permit allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience.

Note: Work obtained through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program may help support your application to become a permanent resident of Canada.

You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying, if your study permit includes a condition that says you can work on or off campus. You must also meet all the other requirements. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin.

Canada offers many choices of schools for international students. These include primary and secondary schools, post secondary institutions (i.e. colleges and universities) private career /vocational schools, and language schools.

Once you have chosen a school, you will need to make sure it is on the designated learning institution list. This list names the schools in Canada that are approved to accept international students. A study permit can only be issued to someone who has been accepted to study at a designated learning institution.

To study in Quebec, you first need to have a letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution which you plan to attend in Quebec. In addition, you must have received a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) or certificate of acceptance which is issued by the province of Quebec. At that time, you can apply for a study permit from us.

Apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices.

No, you don’t need a study permit if your course or study program lasts less than 6 months. You must complete your course or program within the time you’re allowed to stay in Canada.

Even if you don’t need a study permit, you may want to apply for one. If you want to work while you’re studying, or you decide to study longer in Canada, you’ll need a study permit. You must be studying at a designated learning institution to get a study permit.

If your main reason for coming to Canada is to study for more than 6 months, you must apply for a study permit.

Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:

  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
  • neither parent is physically in Canada.


You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

  • are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
  • applied for permanent residence in Canada
  • are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
  • are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
  • are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
  • are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
  • are under an unenforceable removal order
  • are a temporary resident permit holder
  • are a young worker participating in special programs

In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.

Generally speaking, you must apply for a work permit before you enter the country. In some cases, foreign nationals can apply at the border.

If you applied for a work permit before you entered Canada, the visa office may have sent you a Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction that states your application was approved. If so, you must present it when you enter Canada so that your permit can be printed and issued.

Check the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions. This list shows employers who may be ineligible to hire a temporary worker through either the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or the International Mobility Program. If you apply for a work permit to work for an employer listed as “ineligible”, your application will be refused.

It depends on the work permit you have. Most work permits are tied to a specific employer. They will only allow you to work for the employer on the permit.

In some situations, you can get an open work permit, which does not include a specific employer. An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada unless the employer:

  • is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions, or

offers, on a regular basis, striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages.

In most cases, the employer must send you:

  • the job offer and a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number; or
  • the offer of employment number.

Once you have one of these numbers, you can apply to get, extend or modify a work permit.

If you apply for an open work permit, you don’t need to provide any documents from an employer.

No, when you apply for a visitor visa or a work or study permit and you give your biometrics, they will stay valid for a 10-year period, even if your visa or permit application is refused or has expired.

Work is any activity that:

  • you are paid to do, or
  • you are not paid to do but is a job that:
    • you would usually be paid for, or
    • would be a valuable work experience for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for example, an unpaid intern).

Pay includes money or commission:

  • an employer gives you,
  • you receive for a service, or
  • you receive for any other activity.

It depends on:

  • the job you want to do
  • the program you want to apply for
  • whether or not your job requires a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

In most cases, you will need one or more of the following documents to apply for a work permit:

  • an LMIA number from your employer if your job needs an LMIA
  • proof that your employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal
  • an employment contract or letter (if your employer is exempt from the employer compliance process)
  • proof that you are certified, accredited or qualified to work in the job you want

In some cases, you might be exempt from an LMIA:

  • Mobilité Francophone allows Canadian employers hire French-speaking and bilingual workers from abroad, to work outside of Quebec in managerial, professional, and technical and skilled trades occupations.
  • If you are between 18 and 35 years old, you can have a temporary work permit under the International Experience Canada.

Other LMIA exempt work permits

You can find out about jobs in Canada through the Working in Canada toollabour market information and job banks.

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker.

A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter.

If the employer needs an LMIA, they must apply for one.

Once an employer gets the LMIA, the worker can apply for a work permit.

To apply for a work permit, a worker needs:

  • a job offer letter,
  • a contract,
  • a copy of the LMIA, and
  • the LMIA number.


Study Plan is usually a one-page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

  1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
  2. What is your overall educational goal?
  3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
  7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?

Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course


You must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada. You can prove your funds with:

  1. Proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  2. Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  3. Proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  4. Your bank statements for the past four months
  5. A bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  6. Proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  7. A letter from the person or school giving you money or
  8. Proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.