The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is an exclusive program for recent graduates of a Nova Scotia university or the Nova Scotia Community College who have already established a business in the province and operated it for at least one year. If they wish to settle in Nova Scotia, they may be nominated for PR status. Invitations to apply for the stream are sent out by the government.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Program Requirements
In order to join this program, you have to submit an expression of interest. The Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur points grid will help assign a score. Then the people with the most competitive scores will be invited to submit an official application.
To qualify for the Nova Scotia Entrepreneur stream, you need to have a language test that shows that you can speak English as well as a Canadian who is at CLB level 7 or higher.
In order to qualify, candidates must have been the owner or manager of a business in Nova Scotia for at least one year while holding an active work permit from Immigration Canada.
Level of Education
In order to apply for this position, you must have completed a minimum two-year diploma or degree from an eligible university/college (DLI) in Nova Scotia.
Minimum Requirements For International Graduate Entrepreneur
|Express Entry Profile||No|
|Language Proficiency||CLB 7|
|Connection to Province||Study Experience|
|Work Experience||Business ownership and the management|
In Nova Scotia
|Level of Education||Post-secondary|
To apply you must:
- Have the desire to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business.
- Have at least one year’s continuous experience actively managing and owning your current Nova Scotia business (33.33% ownership minimum).
- Have completed a degree or diploma after at least 2 academic years of full-time, in-person study at a university in Nova Scotia or the Nova Scotia community college.
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit.
- Have a score of at least 7 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English or French.
- Complete an online Expression of Interest.
- Receive an invitation to apply from the Nova Scotia office of immigration.
Want to apply for a Canadian visa? Click here to start the process with our help →