The Canadian Experience Class is for experienced workers that have Canadian work skills and are eager to become permanent residents. CEC is also one of the most active paths to Canadian permanent residence, but it takes three to four months to prepare.
How CEC Program Works?
For the Canadian Experience Class, you should know the following requirements.
- Language Ability.
- Minimum Requirements.
Basically, there is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class.
However, if you want to advance your rank for migration needs, there are two steps to do that.
- By moving to a school in Canada, you can achieve the points for a certificate or degree.
- If you are a foreigner and have foreign education, then
- A concluded foreign credential, and
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) record for settlement proposals from a preferred organization shows that your education is equal to the preferred degree or certificate.
Language ability depends on the NOC type of job and must know the following requirements.
- Approved Language test for reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Meet the minimum language requirements for the type of job.
- CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs.
- CLB 5 for NOC B jobs.
Validation of the language test is two years.
Minimum Requirements For CEC
You should meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for this class.
- You must have the lowest one year of experience working in Canada in the last three years.
- You can also serve various part-time duties to fulfilling this demand.
- You must have obtained your work experience while working in Canada under limited resident status, including permission to work.
Non-eligibility of Canadian Experience Class appears when:
- You’re a foreign applicant in Canada.
- You’re working without permission or a valid signature.
- Your work practice was obtained without resident status in Canada.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- CEC applicants should have at least one year of Canadian business practice. This is a precious factor under the CRS. Because the necessary documentation is minimum, CEC petitions are processed instantly, often within three to four months.
- Yet if you are qualified to apply under the FSW program, there is no guarantee that you will obtain an invitation to join.
How To Apply For CEC
For the application process, you must follow these steps.
- Get a Canadian work permit.
- Complete the year work in Canada and ensure to match the eligibility criteria.
- For application, you must have the invitation.
- Complete your medical background and security check.
- Your e-application is submitted, and an officer will be in contact.
- You will receive the confirmation letter, and then your landing will be booked.
- Then you will obtain a PR card proving your status as a resident in Canada.
After that, you are admissible to Canada and now gather your documents and submit your profile.
Want to apply for a Canadian visa through the Express Entry system? Click here to start the process with our help →