As a visitor, you are allowed to do the following:
1. You can enter and stay in Canada as a visitor:
The visitor visa is a legal status to lets you stay in Canada for up to 6 months at a maximum, so if you are planning to immigrate to Canada soon, you can visit Canada to know how it goes with life in Canada and also compare provinces work-wise, cultural experience and best places to live.
3. You can join a short-term course:
To be eligible to study in Canada, a study permit is generally required. Nonetheless, under certain uncommon circumstances, you may study in Canada using a visitor visa, provided these criteria are met:
- The educational institution conducting the course is not a Designated Learning Institute (DLI).
- The course or program’s length is under six months.
- The course is not part of a longer academic program.
- You will finish the course within the validity period of your visitor visa.
4. Apply for extending your stay in Canada:
5. You can start performing business activities while being in Canada:
Typically, a work permit is required to work in Canada, but certain business-related activities can be conducted with a visitor visa, provided they don’t involve entering the Canadian job market directly. Activities you can engage in include: