How does Canada support Palestine?
“Palestinian refugees are facing high rates of poverty, food insecurity and unemployment. Canada’s continued support for UNRWA builds upon Canada’s long-standing commitment to Palestinians while also contributing to stability in the region.”
– Harjit S. Sajjan, Minister of International Development and Minister responsible for the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada
Apply through the express entry program from Palestine
To apply through the express entry for Palestinians, they need to provide the following documents:
- Valid Passport.
- Educational Credential Assessment (Education documents)
- Proof of funds to support yourself and your family once you arrive in Canada.
- Valid English or French test results.
- Proven Work Experience in your field of work.
There are 3 programs that are supported by the Express Entry which are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
You must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the federal programs of Express Entry.
Immigrate to Canada from Gaza and the West Bank
Canada recently announced the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot for skilled refugees looking to immigrate to Canada.
There are 2 possible ways to immigrate to Canada through the EMPP:
- Regional EMPP, you must Apply through 1 of the 3 mentioned programs:
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Rural and Northern Immigration Program (RNIP)
You must become eligible for one of the above-mentioned programs and apply to a province, territory, or RNIP community.
- Federal EMPP, This one requires you to apply directly through the IRCC. There is (a Job Offer and No Job Offer stream) and you must meet Work Experience, education, and language needs.
Immigrate through EMPP | Eligibility requirements to get in Canada
For skilled refugees looking to apply through the EMPP, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a refugee or a displaced person under these conditions:
- A valid proof of Refugee Status Determination (RSD) issued by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) or a host country responsible for refugees.
- Official documentation indicating the applicant’s registration or recognition by the UN Refugee Agency as a person of concern.
- Refugee documentation issued by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Supporting documents that demonstrate the applicant’s registration as a person of concern with UNRWA.
- Proof of provisional protected status along with a determination by an officer from the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that the applicant lacks a permanent solution.
- Meet the criteria for one of the selected streams (Federal EMPP, Regional EMPP).
- Meet admissibility criteria, being inadmissible means, you can’t enter Canada according to Canada’s Immigration Law. There are many reasons why an individual could be inadmissible to Canada, including Criminal activity. Security, or medical reasons.
The amount of money you need to immigrate to Canada can vary greatly depending on various factors, such as the immigration program you’re applying under, the number of family members accompanying you, the province you plan to settle in, and your circumstances.
It’s important to note that Canadian immigration authorities require applicants to have sufficient funds to support themselves and their families upon arrival in Canada.
Let’s check the required funds for individuals and families of members:
- Single applicant: Around CAD 15,500
- Couple (two adults): Around CAD 21,000
- Family of three: Around CAD 25,000
- Family of four: Around CAD 30,000
How many Palestinian refugees are in Canada?
Ontario has proven to be the home of many Palestinian refugees in Canada, and some statistics show that 8k Palestinians live in Canada.
The number increases every year because Canada is a welcoming country for all skilled refugees who can participate in improving the Canadian economy.
In all cases, if you are interested in immigrating to Canada, you need to understand that the process won’t be complicated if you seek help from an Authorized immigration consultant in Canada. In addition to preparing your work experience, test results (English or French). And the process will go smoothly and easy!